Sunday, April 12, 2009

How to make my moth orchid reproduce flowers?

my moth orchid also known as the phalaenopsis isnt producing anymore flower i need help


i really want my flowers to reproduces flower any tips?|||I have a phalaenopsis that is getting ready to bloom so I know what you mean. They really are beautiful and bloom for months once they start. Some of them, like the one I have, bloom only once a year so you may have to wait a while. Make sure it is healthy with no diseases or pests. Do not over-water them but do not let them dry out completely either. Water when the medium is still slightly moist. Give them fertilizer once a week when you water them. The fertilizer should be diluted to half the recommended strength. You can put them under fluorescent lights or in a window. When they bloom and fade, you can encourage them to bloom again by cutting the stalk just below the node that produced the first flowers. I hope this helps a bit!|||Once all the buds have opened on your phalaenopsis flower spikes, that is usually the end until another spike is produced the following season.





If the spike is sturdy and has several nodes below the faded flowers, you can try to cut it just above a node. Sometimes a branch will appear with more flower buds.





See source for more information on phalaenopsis care.

No comments:

Post a Comment